Saturday, May 19, 2012

Fear


We never seem to realize how powerful this one emotoncan be. Fear is part of our daily lives. Some hide it, some do show it, somepretend it doesn't exist but it does.
If you could sit down and make a list of your fears, and I mean be realistic and honest about them, you would be surprised to learn that some of the most simple and mundane things make us fear them. Some fears we can noteven see but they are there, there for our pleasure, for our skepticism, for our pain.
I have learned, especially on here, that no matter what your orientation, your sex, your lifestyle you are afraid of something. Dom/Dommesmay laugh at this and think I am full of shit but I am not. It is funny to think of someone in such a role would be afraid especially admitting they are afraid and the same goes for being a sub/slave or whatever thinking they are afraid of everything and yournot.
I came across an email from another site sent to me by a Dommewho sent her regrets for not accepting my invite to play and it is not the regret which I understood but the way it was written. It sounded like she was afraid to take a leap, a risk, a chance on a new subject for the mere fact that I was alotyounger than herself. I thought about how funny that sounded until it dawned on me that is was indeed a valid frear.
For some fear is a safety net, a blankiein wish to cuddle with, a place werefear doesn't exist and for others including myself it can be that and a destructive areatoplay with as well because fear leads us to be more cautious and can take over your life.
I met two exceptional women on here who had some fears and now have since dealt with them and it made them stronger and more beautiful for doing so and I have decided that I will learn to do what they have done to hopefully make me a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment